Last Updated: January 5, 2023
This notice describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing (“processing”) your personal information when you use our online store and mobile application services “Services,” such as when you:
- Visit a website of our that links to this privacy notice (“Website(s)”), including https://www.theaspen.com/
- Download or use our mobile app (our “App”) including AspenHome, or any other application that links to this privacy notice
- Engage in a transaction with us, for example, by making a purchase
- Subscribe to or engage with our promotion emails and other electronic communications
- Interact with our social media pages
- Click on our ads posted on third party sites
- Communicate with our service representatives or features (including via chat functions, email, text, or phone)
- Use our Services anywhere we collect information from you and refer to this Privacy Notice
This Notice also applies to personal information we collect from third parties about you. This Policy does not apply to websites, apps, videos (embedded or direct links), or other content (each a “Linked Site”) to which we link that are not operated by us. Linked Sites have their own personal information collection and use practices, and we are not responsible those practices. We encourage you to read each Linked Site’s privacy disclosures to understand how your personal information is processed.
What is Personal Information?
“Personal information” (sometimes called “personal data”) is a broadly defined term whose legal definition varies across jurisdictions. When used in this Policy, “personal information” includes information that is reasonably capable of identifying a particular individual (including through their device) either alone or when combined with information from other sources.
What Information Do We Collect?
The personal information we collect about you depends on the nature and context of your interaction with our Company and Services. It may also depend on various choices you make about how to use the Services we offer, the functionality and features you choose or enable, your location, the devices you us to interact with our services, and applicable law.
The following describes the personal information we collect about you and the way we collect it.
Personal Information You Give to Us
We collect the following categories personal information you provide to us, including the following:
- Contact Information. For example, your first and last name, email address, phone number, physical address, job titles, and other contact information you provide.
- Account and Other Identifiers. For example, a username, screen name, handle, account ID, assigned user ID, customer number, or similar identifier that can be used to identify and user or account.
- Account Verification Information. For example, your account security questions and answers.
- Purchase History. For example, your purchases and purchase tendencies associated with you or your account.
- Coarse Location Information. A general approximation of your location that is not based on global position system (GPS) information.
- User Content: Including emails and text messages, photos, videos, audio recordings, customer support communications, comments/feedback, and any other user-generated content.
- Social Media Content. If you interact with our social media pages, we will receive information related to those interactions.
- Other Personal Information You Provide. If you provide us personal information other than that described above, we will collect it and use it for the purposes for which you provide it or other consistent purposes.
Sensitive Personal Information. Some jurisdictions have defined certain categories of personal information as “sensitive.” We collect the following categories of sensitive personal information when you provide it to us or allow us to collect it based on your interaction with us.
- Payment processing information. For example, the form of payment, payment card number and details, bank account number, payment service provider, and other payment information you provide.
- Account access credentials. For example, your username and password.
Personal Information We Derive Through Your Use of Our Services
We automatically collect certain information about your (and your device’s) interaction with our Services using various data-gathering and tracking technologies. These technologies include cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, software development kits (SDKs), and similar tools. The information we collect using these technologies includes:
- Browsing and Search History. Information about the content you view and searches you make on our Website(s).
- Website Log and Usage Data. Data related to our pages you viewed, the services and features you used or interacted with, your browser type and details about any links or communications with which you interacted.
- App Log and Usage Data. Including app launches, taps, clicks, scrolling information, music listening data, video views, save points in videos, games, or songs, and other information about your interaction with our App(s).
- Advertising Metrics. Data about the advertisements you have viewed on our Website and/or Mobile App.
- Diagnostic Data. Such as crash logs, launch time, hang rate, energy use, and other information collected for measuring technical diagnostics.
- Device information. Data about the device used to access our Services. Device information includes device identification numbers, application identification numbers, advertising identifiers, device location information, mac address, hardware model, internet service provider, and mobile carrier).
Because the “Do Not Track” browser-based standard signal has yet to gain widespread acceptance, our Website currently does not respond to those signals.
For more information about the tracking technologies we use, please see our Cookie Notice.
Who Provides Us with Personal Information?
We mostly collect personal information directly from you or based on your interaction with our Website or App. However, we also may collect personal information from third-party sources, these include:
- eCommerce Providers (like Shopify)
- Advertising Networks
- Internet Service Providers
- Data Analytics Providers
- Operating Systems and Platforms
- Identify Verification Service Providers
- Information Databases
- Social Media Platforms
- Business Partners
- Government Entities
- Our Affiliates
- Security Providers
- Online Payment Providers
- Google Home and Amazon Alexa
What Do We Do with Your Personal Information?
We may use your personal information for a variety of reasons. Depending on how you interact with our Services, these include:
- To deliver our Services to you.
- To validate your identity as necessary to perform our contract with you, maintain security, and comply with applicable law.
- To send you important information, such as information about your account and membership options, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications, as permitted by law.
- To respond to your requests related to our Services.
- To maintain and improve the security and performance of our Services.
- To anonymize, aggregate, or de-identify your personal data (so it can no longer identify you) in furtherance of conducting research and analysis.
- To develop and improve our current and future offerings and your experience.
- To make strategic decisions concerning our business operations.
- To deliver targeted advertising and to measure its effectiveness.
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
- To enforce, and review compliance with, the legal terms that govern our offerings in furtherance of our legitimate interest in ensuring adherence to the relevant terms.
- To comply with our legal obligations under applicable laws.
- To protect the rights, safety, and property of the Company, our users, and third parties.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
When we process personal data about you to comply with legal requirements or to perform our obligations under a contract with you or with our customer through whom you use our offerings, failure to provide such data may prevent or delay our fulfillment of these obligations.
When and With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may share your personal information with the following:
- Business Operations Providers. Including cloud computing service providers, internet service providers, data backup and security providers, functionality and infrastructure providers, and similar service providers.
- Payment and Billing Providers. Including Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, Shopify Pay, Venmo, and credit card networks and providers.
- Website and Mobile App Operations Providers. Including hosting providers, performance monitoring providers, user account registration and authentication providers, testing providers, analytics providers, chat feature and user commenting providers, content optimization providers, social media sharing plugin providers, and similar providers.
- Marketing and Advertising Providers. Including advertising, direct marketing, and lead generation providers, affiliate marketing program providers, retargeting platforms, data brokers, ad networks, marketing consultants, and similar services providers.
- Legally Required Parties. Persons to whom we are required by law to provide information, such as pursuant to a subpoena or a court order.
- Professional Service Providers. Including lawyers, accountants, consultants, security professionals, and other similar parties when disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, prevent or respond to fraud or abuse, defend ourselves against attacks, or protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our customers, and the public.
- Persons involved in the consideration, negotiation, completion of a business transaction, including the sale, merger, consolidation, acquisition, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy, or reorganization, and any subsequent integration.
- Authorized Disclosures: To any party when you request or authorize us to share it.
We may also gather aggregated data about individuals and disclose the results of such aggregated (but not personally identifiable) information to our partners, service providers, advertisers, and/or other third parties for marketing or promotional purposes.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We will retain your personal information only for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information; the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances, you may ask us to delete your data. Additionally, we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We have implemented and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information, to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, no security measure is perfect, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Examples of our security measures include the following:
- Restricting access to personal information to those workforce members who need to know it.
- Training our workforce members about the importance of privacy and security of personal information.
- Implementing internal policies and procedures governing the collection, use, retention, and disclosure of personal information.
We also use Shopify to support our eCommerce. You can learn more about how Shopify processes personal information on our behalf by visiting https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy/customers.
Do We Collect Information from Minors?
Our Services are not intended for persons under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of individuals under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us their Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Are Your Privacy Choices?
You can control the collection and use of personal information for some of our processing activities. This includes:
Adjusting Communication Preferences
Email: You may unsubscribe from promotional and other types of communications by following the “unsubscribe” instructions near the bottom of the email. You may also email us at email@example.com. Please note, opting out of promotional emails will not stop you from receiving all emails from the company. For example, we may still send you emails pertaining to your purchases, registrations, consumer surveys and similar transactions.
Push Notifications: You may opt out any time by adjusting your device or app settings or uninstalling our App(s).
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies by default, but you can alter how your browser responds to cookies by adjusting the settings. Information about managing cookies for popular web browsers can be found in the links below:
Blocking Google Analytics
Many websites, including ours, employ Google Analytics. To opt out of Google Analytics data collection, follow these instructions from Google.
Mobile Device Privacy Settings.
Mobile devices can use device-level information to serve targeted ads. To learn about your privacy choices for your mobile devices, visit these informational pages from Google (Android) and Apple (iOS).
International Data Transfers
If you provide personal information through the Websites or Apps separate from a purchase, you understand that we may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, including the United States. The laws that apply to the use and protection of personal information in the United States, or other countries or jurisdictions in which we transfer or process personal information, may be different from the laws and protections in your country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable privacy laws.
How Can You Contact Us?
Aspen Appliance, Inc.
155 N. Riverview Dr., #100
Anaheim Hills, CA 92808
Supplemental Notice for Residents of California
This section applies to residents of the State of California in addition to all other applicable rights and information contained in this Policy. Please note that Aspen Appliance, Inc. is not subject to the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA).
Additional California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our web site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to other parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Shine the Light Request.”